||- Business Formation (Corporation, LLC, Partnership)
- Owners' Agreement (LLC Operating, Shareholder, or Partnership Agreement, as applicable)
- Contract Review or Development of a Standard Agreement
- Trademark Registration (for a Company or Product Name)
- Follow-up Conference
We address the legal issues that arise in the daily operations of established businesses. We help you negotiate advantageous relationships with your vendors, employees, consultants and strategic partners. For small and mid-sized businesses that have ongoing legal needs but are not yet ready to hire a full-time in-house attorney, Joy Butler can serve as your outside general counsel on an as-needed basis. If you find yourself involved in a dispute pertaining to business relationships or intellectual property infringement, we can provide pre-litigation counseling and help you negotiate a settlement agreement that avoids a lawsuit.
Clients Selling or Purchasing a Business
We draft and negotiate term sheets, stock purchase and asset purchase agreements, non-compete agreements and all other closing documents for the sale or purchase of a business. We also conduct due diligence reviews and document joint venture arrangements. Read Joy Butler's blog posting series at www.BusinessTransactionsblog.com outlining the steps in the purchase of a business and other business transactions.
Companies Seeking Financing
We work with companies seeking to raise capital through commercial banks, private investors, and venture capitalists. For companies seeking private investors, we offer flat rate packages that include the following services:
Read Joy Butler's blog postings from www.BusinessTransactionsblog.com on the topic of financing your business.
- counseling to determine the best business entity structure for the offering,
- preparation of a private placement memorandum and investor subscription agreement, and
- preparation of any necessary state and federal securities filings.